5G IA is the voice of the European industry for the development and evolution of 5G. Its objectives are to:
- Ensure a clear European voice on 5G
- Support a Europe wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development, academia, telecoms industry and verticals
- Represent the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP)
- Contribute to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution
The eleven companies represented in the Board are: Orange, Telecom Italia Mobile, Telenor, SES, Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei, Thales, Nextworks, InterInnov and CTTC (Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya). For more information please visit: https://5g-ppp.eu/5g-infrastructure-association/. They are key stakeholders from the ecosystem and membership of 5G IA – https://5g-ppp.eu/our-members/.
At its first meeting following the General Assembly, the new Board confirmed:
- Dr. Colin Willcock – Head of Radio Network Standardization at Nokia – as Chairman of the Board
- Christine Leurquin – VP, Institutional Relations and Communications at SES – as the Vice-Chair of the Board
- Magnus Madfors – VP, Head of Technical Regulations Group Function Technology at Ericsson – as Treasurer
- Dr. Raffaele de Peppe – Senior Innovation Manager at Telecom Italia Mobile – as Chair of the “Verticals Engagement Task Force” (https://5g-ppp.eu/verticals/)
5G IA’s leadership includes also Jean-Pierre Bienaimé, Secretary General, in charge of the overall visibility and management of the 5G-IA, and Alessandro Bedeschi, Head of Office, ensuring the operational well-functioning of the 5G-IA.