This is the second time that Huawei, based on its own quantitative data, combined with a glance at technological developments, is predicting upcoming megatrends. 5G, AI deployment, home robots and the use of smart assistants are just some of the technologies that are storming and permeating all industries.
The 10 mega trends that Huawei predicts in 2025 are:
- A life with bots: Advances in materials science, perceptual AI and networking technologies are the driving force for involving robots in many different home and personal scenarios. GIV predicts a 14% global prevalence rate for home robots.
- Supervision: Convergence of 5G, VR / AR, machine learning and other new technologies will make us present and participate regardless of distance, noise, topography and history. It opens up new perspectives for people, businesses and cultures. GIV predicts that the percentage of companies that will utilize AR / VR will increase to 10%.
- End of searching: As data-driven applications and devices with sensors begin to predict our needs, the information will find us. Future searches will be button-free, personal social networks will be created playfully, and the industry will benefit from “zero-search maintenance”. GIV predicts that 90% of smart technology owners will use intelligent personal assistants.
- Intelligent Roads: Intelligent transport systems will connect people, vehicles and infrastructure and will eliminate queues, promote rapid emergency response and other features that will make life easier. GIV predicts that 15% of all vehicles will have wireless technology that allows the vehicle to communicate with its surroundings.
- Collaborate with robots: They are already changing many industries and intelligent automation will take on more dangerous, repetitive precision tasks – a step forward for safety and productivity. GIV predicts that there will be 103 robots in the industry for every 10,000 employees.
- Enhanced Creativity: Cloud AI will lower costs and other barriers to common access to scientific experiments, innovation and the arts. It opens a gold mine of creative potential that is accessible to everyone. GIV predicts that 97% of all major companies will implement AI.
- Frictionless communication: AI and big data analysts will create frictionless communication between companies and customers and break down language barriers. Precision, empathy and confidence will permeate tomorrow’s communication. GIV predicts that companies will utilize 86% of the data that they process.
- Symbiotic Economy: Companies around the world are introducing digital technology and smart applications on one-logon collaborative platforms – meaning greater collaboration, resource sharing, stronger global ecosystems and greater productivity. GIV predicts that all businesses everywhere will use cloud technology and 85% of enterprise applications will be cloud-based.
- 5G’s Quick Deployment: 5G is here, and is rolling out much faster than any other previous wireless generation – the potential for individuals, businesses and society in general is huge. GIV predicts that 58% of the world’s population will have access to 5G by 2025.
- Global digital governance: Advances in digital technology must be balanced with common data standards and common principles of data use. GIV predicts that the annual amount of data globally will reach 180 ZB (1 ZB = 1 trillion GB).
At Huawei, there is no doubt that new information and communication technology (ICT) can ensure a better everyday life for people, homes and organizations.
“People’s exploration of new technology never stops. We should look beyond what we can see now, and look into the future and change from innovation to invention. We see rapid changes in life, work and society as all industries introduce AI, 5G, cloud computing and other new technologies, and at Huawei we are committed to building digital platforms, user experiences and intelligent technology that support connections in all scenarios, and it’s our mission to offer everyone a better and more intelligent future.”Kevin Zhang, CMO of ICT Infrastructure at Huawei.
Global Industry Vision was created to analyze industry development trends and serves as a strategic guide for new ICT. The first report was published in 2018.